- S6 Full time
- Higher Diploma
- Higher Diploma in Supply Chain with InnoTech Applications
Higher Diploma in Supply Chain with InnoTech Applications
The following section presents the programme information offered in September 2019. Information of programmes to be offered in academic year 2020/21 will be announced in late November 2019.
|Duration of Study|
|Mode of Study|
|Offering Campus(es) / Venue(s)|
Five HKDSE subjects at Level 2 or above, including English Language and Chinese Language; OR VTC Foundation Diploma (Level 3) / Diploma of Foundation Studies; OR VTC Diploma in Vocational Education / Diploma of Vocational Education; OR Yi Jin Diploma / Diploma Yi Jin; OR Equivalent.
- An "Attained", "Attained with Distinction (I)" and "Attained with Distinction (II)" in an HKDSE Applied Learning (ApL) subject (Category B subjects) are regarded as equivalent to an HKDSE subject at "Level 2", "Level 3" and "Level 4" respectively, and a maximum of two ApL subjects (excluding ApL(C)) can be counted for admission purpose.
- A "Grade D or E" and a "Grade C or above" in an HKDSE Other Language subject (Category C subjects) are regarded as equivalent to an HKDSE subject at "Level 2" and "Level 3" respectively, and one Other Language subject can be counted for admission purpose.
- Applicable to holders of Diploma in Vocational Education / Diploma of Vocational Education (DVE) (students admitted to DVE in AY2017/18 or before are required to complete prescribed further studies modules).
- Applicants may be required to attend an interview.
This programme aims to equip students with comprehensive and professional knowledge of supply chain in the global marketplace. More importantly, skills in the applications of innovative technology and big data for systematic analysis can be enhanced. Skill sets of graduates can stay close to the requirements of human resources for new generations.
Graduates can be employed by government, public and private sectors, local or multi-national enterprises etc. to pursue a career with the knowledge of technology applications and develop related profession in supply chain analyst and planner, procurement and contract executive, logistics specialist and merchandising executive.
Graduates can pursue relevant top-up degrees locally or overseas. They can apply for admission to the top-up degree programme offered by the overseas university below in collaboration with the School for Higher and Professional Education (SHAPE) :
# It is a matter of discretion for individual employers to recognize any qualification to which this course may lead. Please refer to the corresponding programme page in the website of SHAPE for the registered course no.
- Sheffield Hallam University, UK : BA (Hons) Business Management#
The Discipline is negotiating with universities and academic establishments to offer graduates top-up degree programmes locally
The department will invite guest speakers from various professions and arrange relevant workplace attachments for students to enhance their professional knowledge and employability.
- Students may be required to attend classes on other VTC campuses. VTC reserves the right to cancel any programme, revise programme content or change the offering institute(s) / campus(es) / class venue(s) if circumstances so warrant.
- This programme is renamed from Higher Diploma in Global Supply Chain.