- S6 Full time
- Higher Diploma
- Higher Diploma in Stage and Live Entertainment Technology
Higher Diploma in Stage and Live Entertainment Technology
The following section presents the programme information offered in September 2019. Information of programmes to be offered in academic year 2020/21 will be announced in late November 2019.
|Duration of Study|
|Mode of Study|
|Offering Campus(es) / Venue(s)|
Five HKDSE subjects at Level 2 or above, including English Language and Chinese Language; OR VTC Foundation Diploma (Level 3) / Diploma of Foundation Studies; OR VTC Diploma in Vocational Education / Diploma of Vocational Education; OR Yi Jin Diploma / Diploma Yi Jin; OR Equivalent.
- An "Attained", "Attained with Distinction (I)" and "Attained with Distinction (II)" in an HKDSE Applied Learning (ApL) subject (Category B subjects) are regarded as equivalent to an HKDSE subject at "Level 2", "Level 3" and "Level 4" respectively, and a maximum of two ApL subjects (excluding ApL(C)) can be counted for admission purpose.
- A "Grade D or E" and a "Grade C or above" in an HKDSE Other Language subject (Category C subjects) are regarded as equivalent to an HKDSE subject at "Level 2" and "Level 3" respectively, and one Other Language subject can be counted for admission purpose.
- Applicable to holders of Diploma in Vocational Education / Diploma of Vocational Education (DVE) (students admitted to DVE in AY2017/18 or before are required to complete prescribed further studies modules).
- Applicants may be required to attend an interview.
To cope with Hong Kong’s rapid and sustainable development in cultural and entertainment industries, this programme aims to provide specialised backstage professional training for stage and live entertainment. Graduates are employed as designers and operators in live entertainment events and venues as well as audio-visual systems designeers in professional consultants.
This programme is designed with an emphasis on generic and language training, whole-person development and workplace experience to better prepare students for further studies and employment after graduation.
Graduates are competent to be designers, operators, audio-visual consultants and technicians in professional theatre companies, performing venues, and consulting firms.
Graduates can apply for admission to the following programmes :
- Local degree programmes offered by VTC's member institution :
- Technological and Higher Education Institute of Hong Kong (THEi)
- Degree programmes in local universities :
- City University of Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Baptist University
- The Chinese University of Hong Kong
- The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
- The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
- The Open University of Hong Kong
- The University of Hong Kong
- Articulation degree programmes in overseas universities (conducted at IVE campus) :
- Coventry University, UK
- University of the West of England, UK
- Other Universities in the UK and Australia
The programme is recognised by the Hong Kong Computer Society as satisfying the academic requirements for its Associate membership.
Students may be required to attend classes on other VTC campuses. VTC reserves the right to cancel any programme, revise programme content or change the offering institute(s) / campus(es) / class venue(s) if circumstances so warrant.