|Duration of Study|
|Mode of Study|
|Offering Campus(es) / Venue(s)|
|Average result of admitted students in 2016 (Note 1)|
Five HKDSE subjects at Level 2 or above, including English Language and Chinese Language; OR VTC Foundation Diploma (Level 3) / Diploma of Foundation Studies; OR VTC Diploma in Vocational Education / Diploma of Vocational Education; OR Yi Jin Diploma / Diploma Yi Jin; OR Equivalent.
- An "Attained" and an "Attained with Distinction" in an HKDSE Applied Learning (ApL) subject (Category B subjects) are regarded as equivalent to an HKDSE subject at "Level 2" and "Level 3" respectively, and a maximum of two ApL subjects (excluding ApL(C)) can be counted for admission purpose.
- A "Grade D or E" and a "Grade C or above" in an HKDSE Other Language subject (Category C subjects) are regarded as equivalent to an HKDSE subject at "Level 2" and "Level 3" respectively, and one Other Language subject can be counted for admission purpose.
- Holders of Diploma in Vocational Education / Diploma of Vocational Education (DVE) award upon successful completion of prescribed modules are eligible to apply for Higher Diploma Programmes.
- Applicants may be required to attend an interview.
Students may choose one of the following streams so as to enhance professional knowledge and skills in specific areas :
- Higher Diploma in Multimedia (Advertising)
- Higher Diploma in Multimedia (Exhibition)
- Higher Diploma in Multimedia (Mobile Media)
The 1st semester is a common semester. Students will progress to the stream in the 2nd semester (provisional), subject to their choice, academic performance and availability of places in specific streams.
This programme is designed to equip students with up-to-date multimedia knowledge and skills that meets the rising demand in various creative industries. Students will acquire practical and hands-on experience through internship and participating collaborative projects with the industry.
The Advertising stream prepares students to be competent in the multimedia advertising and post-production.
The Exhibition stream prepares students to be competent in the exhibition and promotion field.
The Mobile Media stream enables students to develop professionalism in the field of multimedia mobile applications.
This programme is designed with an emphasis on generic and language training, whole-person development and workplace experience, to well prepare the students to further studies and pursue a career after graduation.
Graduates can work as multimedia developer & producer, advertising producer, exhibition coordinator, mobile apps developer, web designer & developer and, creative professional or even to develop their SOHO business in the industry.
Graduates can apply for admission to the following programmes:
- Local degree programmes offered by VTC's member institution:
- Technological and Higher Education Institute of Hong Kong (THEi)
- Degree programmes in local universities:
- City University of Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Baptist University
- The Chinese University of Hong Kong
- The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
- The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
- The Open University of Hong Kong
- The University of Hong Kong
- Articulation degree programmes in overseas universities (conducted at IVE campus):
- Coventry University, UK
- University of the West of England, UK
- Other Universities in UK and Australia
- Average result in 2016 refers to average score of the best 5 HKDSE subjects, including English Language and Chinese Language, of admitted students in 2016 for reference only.
(Scoring scale: 5**=7 points; 5*=6 points; 5=5 points; 4=4 points; 3=3 points; 2=2 points; 1=1 point)
- VTC reserves the right to cancel any programme, revise programme title, content or change the offering institute(s) / campus(es) / class venue(s) if circumstances so warrant.