|Duration of Study|
|Mode of Study|
|Offering Campus(es) / Venue(s)|
(Class venue at Hotel and Tourism Institute (Tin Shui Wai))
Completion of Secondary 3 or equivalent; at least 16.5 years of age and a pass in the interview.
- Equips students with trade-specific skills in culinary arts to pursue a career in the catering, cruise and maritime industries
- Allows students to gain professional knowledge in food safety, nutrition and kitchen operations
- Enables students to enhance their competitiveness and employability in the catering, cruise and maritime industries
Upon graduation, job placement assistance is provided to facilitate graduates to join the industries.
Students who have successfully completed the Food Hygiene module, Basic Food Hygiene Certificate for Hygiene Supervisors by The Food and Environmental Hygiene Department of The Government of Hong Kong Special Administrative Region will be awarded.
QF Level: 2
QR Registration No.: 15/002734/L2
Validity Period: 01/09/2015 - 31/08/2021
- Medium of Instruction: Chinese supplemented with English terminology.
- Students may be required to attend classes on other VTC campuses. VTC reserves the right to cancel any programme, revise programme content or change the offering institute(s) / campus(es) / class venue(s) if circumstances so warrant.
- Students enrolling for this programme must maintain the health standards required of a food handler throughout the duration of training. This encompasses taking a medical check, at students' own expenses, which includes chest X-ray, urine routine, stool routine, stool culture, hepatitis A virus Ab lgG.
- For students who have a negative hepatitis A virus result, a vaccine is recommended.
- Students are required to have a medical check, purchase the designated reference books, uniform and shoes where applicable, at their own costs. Institute reserves the rights not to admit students who fail to follow this clause.
- Items listed in the Curriculum are key modules only, more modules are included in the programme.
- Applicants should have good sense of smell.
- Subject to training requirements, students may be arranged to attend lessons or to undergo practical training which may be scheduled on evenings, Saturdays, Sundays or Public Holidays at other campuses or venues.