|Duration of Study|
|Mode of Study|
|Offering Campus(es) / Venue(s)|
(Class venue : VTC Pokfulam Complex)
Class and training venues include but not limited to The International Culinary Institute, VTC Pokfulam Complex, VTC Kowloon Bay Complex, Tin Shui Wai Training Centre, Chinese Training Restaurant and Western Training Restaurant at Pokfulam, The T Hotel at Pokfulam, Training Café at Pokfulam, Western Training Restaurant at Kowloon Bay.
|Average Result of Admitted Students in 2018 (Note 1)|
Five HKDSE subjects at Level 2 or above, including English Language and Chinese Language; OR VTC Foundation Diploma (Level 3) / Diploma of Foundation Studies; OR VTC Diploma in Vocational Education / Diploma of Vocational Education; OR Yi Jin Diploma / Diploma Yi Jin; OR Equivalent.
- An "Attained", "Attained with Distinction (I)" and "Attained with Distinction (II)" in an HKDSE Applied Learning (ApL) subject (Category B subjects) are regarded as equivalent to an HKDSE subject at "Level 2", "Level 3" and "Level 4" respectively, and a maximum of two ApL subjects (excluding ApL(C)) can be counted for admission purpose.
- A "Grade D or E" and a "Grade C or above" in an HKDSE Other Language subject (Category C subjects) are regarded as equivalent to an HKDSE subject at "Level 2" and "Level 3" respectively, and one Other Language subject can be counted for admission purpose.
- Applicable to holders of Diploma in Vocational Education / Diploma of Vocational Education (DVE) (students admitted to DVE in AY2017/18 or before are required to complete prescribed further studies modules).
- Applicants may be required to attend an interview.
- Nurtures a new generation of professionals for the fast growing international theme park and event industries
- Equips students with knowledge and skills in international theme park and event operations and management
- Enables students to develop their abilities in devising appropriate solutions to solve operational problems in international theme park and event settings
- Strengthens students' teamwork, leadership, and generic skills including languages, IT and interpersonal communication for further study and work
Job placement assistance is provided to facilitate our graduates to join the Theme Park and Event Industries, including event planning companies, conference and exhibition venues as well as a range of hospitality and tourism establishments, such as visitor attractions, resorts and hotels.
Graduates who choose to pursue further studies may apply for admission to relevant accredited degree programmes offered by local institutes or overseas institutes, e.g. Year-3 admission to BSocSc (Hons) in Sports and Recreation Management or BA (Hon) in Hotel Operations Management offered by the Technological and Higher Education Institute of Hong Kong (THEi) or top-up degree programmes in Hong Kong offered by the overseas universities in collaboration with SHAPE :
- BSc (Hons) Events and Leisure Management offered by Sheffield Hallam University, UK#
- BA (Hons) International Hospitality and Tourism Management offered by Northumbria University, UK#
(Applicants may be required to go through an interview) # It is a matter of discretion for individual employers to recognize any qualification to which this course may lead. Please refer to the corresponding programme page in the website of SHAPE for the registered course no.
- Except for modules of specific content, the medium of instruction for this programme is English
- Average result in 2018 refers to average score of the best 5 HKDSE subjects, including English Language and Chinese Language, of admitted students in 2018 for reference only.
(Scoring scale: 5**=7 points; 5*=6 points; 5=5 points; 4=4 points; 3=3 points; 2=2 points; 1=1 point)
- VTC reserves the right to cancel any programme, revise programme title, content or change the offering institute(s) / campus(es) / class venue(s) if circumstances so warrant.
- Students enrolling for this programme must maintain the health standards required of a food handler throughout the duration of training. This encompasses taking a medical check, at students’ own expenses, which includes chest X-ray, urine routine, stool routine, stool culture, hepatitis A virus Ab lgG.
- For students who have a negative hepatitis A virus result, a vaccine is recommended.
- Students are required to have a medical check, purchase the designated reference books, uniform and shoes where applicable, at their own costs. Institute reserves the rights not to admit students who fail to follow this clause.
- Items listed in the Curriculum are key modules only, more modules are included in the programme.