|Duration of Study|
|Mode of Study|
|Offering Campus(es) / Venue(s)|
|Entrance Requirements|Holder of S6 (NSS) Qualification :
Five HKDSE subjects at Level 2 or above, including English Language, Chinese Language and Mathematics; OR VTC Foundation Diploma (Level 3) / Diploma of Foundation Studies with successful completion of Foundation Mathematics III; OR VTC Diploma in Vocational Education / Diploma of Vocational Education with successful completion of Mathematics 3G / 3E; OR Yi Jin Diploma / Diploma Yi Jin with successful completion of Mathematics Plus; OR Equivalent.
Holder of S7 Qualification :
- For applicants with HKDSE Level 2 or above in Physics / Combined Science (with Physics component at Level 2 or above) or equivalent qualification, they can be granted an exemption from the study of the module - Fundamental Engineering Science.
- An "Attained", "Attained with Distinction (I)" and "Attained with Distinction (II)" in an HKDSE Applied Learning (ApL) subject (Category B subjects) are regarded as equivalent to an HKDSE subject at "Level 2", "Level 3" and "Level 4" respectively, and a maximum of two ApL subjects (excluding ApL(C)) can be counted for admission purpose.
- A "Grade D or E" and a "Grade C or above" in an HKDSE Other Language subject (Category C subjects) are regarded as equivalent to an HKDSE subject at "Level 2" and "Level 3" respectively, and one Other Language subject can be counted for admission purpose.
- Holders of VTC Foundation Diploma (Level 3) / Diploma of Foundation Studies and VTC Diploma in Vocational Education / Diploma of Vocational Education without successful completion of the relevant optional Mathematics module, should possess HKDSE Mathematics at level 2 or above.
- Applicable to holders of Diploma in Vocational Education / Diploma of Vocational Education (DVE) (students admitted to DVE in AY2017/18 or before are required to complete prescribed further studies modules).
One HKALE A-Level subject / Two AS-Level subjects at Grade E or above, and Five HKCEE subjects at Grade E / Level 2 or above, including English Language, Chinese Language and Mathematics; or Equivalent.
- For applicants with HKALE at Grade E or above in Physics (A-level / AS-level) or equivalent qualification, they can be granted an exemption from the study of the module – Fundamental Engineering Science.
- Successful completion of one Applied Learning (ApL) course recognised by the Education Bureau in or before 2010 is deemed comparable to one HKCEE subject pass.
- HKCEE English Language taken in 2006 or before should have attained Grade E or above (Syllabus B) / Grade C or above (Syllabus A).
- Students admitted to Higher Diploma Programmes with above S7 Qualifications would be given exemption to study some modules.
Please note :
- In order to satisfy the requirements in practical experiences in the Hong Kong Aviation Requirements-66, students should be currently employed by related organizations and able to accumulate relevant experiences in practical training and actual practices. This part-time day course shall not provide the practical contents in the practical modules^. To fulfill the requirements for graduation, students should make sure, through full-time job, to complete the requried contents and hours of practical training and practice and to submit valid documents (e.g. training logbooks certified by employer) and report for completion of these modules before graduation.
- For details please contact Engineering Department of IVE (Tsing Yi) :
Telephone No. : 2436 8601
E-mail Address : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applicants may be required to attend an interview.
|Day(s) and Evening(s) per week|
2 days + 1 to 2 evenings
This programme aims to train students in-service in the aircraft industry to become licensed aircraft maintenance personnel who may serve as certifying engineers or technicians so that they may be able to satisfy the growing needs of the aviation industry.
IVE (TY) has acquired approval from Hong Kong Civil Aviation Department as an Approved Aircraft Maintenance Training Organisation. Since aircraft operations and maintenance are international or cross-bordered in nature as well as internationally connected and recognised, students are given chances to widen their perspectives as well as gaining international experiences and practices.
This programme is designed with an emphasis on generic and language training, whole-person development and workplace experience to better prepare students for further studies and employment after graduation.
The programme is also designed in accordance with the Hong Kong Aviation Requirements-66 so as to train students to a standard recognised by the authorities and the industry in the field of aircraft maintenance engineering. Graduates may be employed by aircraft maintenance companies, airline companies, airfreight cargo operators and / or related organisations / companies in the aviation industry. Graduates may apply for full-time or part-time related professional degree courses at local or overseas universities.
Graduates can apply for admission to the relevant BEng (Hons) courses offered by the following local universities :
- The University of Hong Kong
- The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
- The Chinese University of Hong Kong
- The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
- The City University of Hong Kong
Upon admission to relevant degree courses, graduates can apply for credit exemption. The level of exemption will be considered on individual basis.
Higher Diploma is recognised by most overseas universities. Special offers are given by :
- City University London, UK
- Swansea University, Wales, UK
The programme is approved by the Civil Aviation Department of the Hong Kong S.A.R. Government as an approved aircraft maintenance (HKAR-66 Category B1.1 license) training programme.
The Department will seek accreditation from the Hong Kong Institution of Engineers of the programme as satisfying the academic requirements for its associate membership.
Students may be required to attend classes on other VTC campuses. VTC reserves the right to cancel any programme, revise programme content or change the offering institute(s) / campus(es) / class venue(s) if circumstances so warrant.