- S6 Full time
- Higher Diploma
- Higher Diploma in Transmedia
Higher Diploma in Transmedia
The following section presents the programme information offered in September 2018. Information of programmes to be offered in academic year 2019/20 will be announced in late November 2018.
|Duration of Study|
|Mode of Study|
|Offering Campus(es) / Venue(s)|
Five HKDSE subjects at Level 2 or above, including English Language and Chinese Language; OR VTC Foundation Diploma (Level 3) / Diploma of Foundation Studies; OR VTC Diploma in Vocational Education / Diploma of Vocational Education; OR Yi Jin Diploma / Diploma Yi Jin; OR Equivalent.
- An "Attained", "Attained with Distinction (I)" and "Attained with Distinction (II)" in an HKDSE Applied Learning (ApL) subject (Category B subjects) are regarded as equivalent to an HKDSE subject at "Level 2", "Level 3" and "Level 4" respectively, and a maximum of two ApL subjects (excluding ApL(C)) can be counted for admission purpose.
- A "Grade D or E" and a "Grade C or above" in an HKDSE Other Language subject (Category C subjects) are regarded as equivalent to an HKDSE subject at "Level 2" and "Level 3" respectively, and one Other Language subject can be counted for admission purpose.
- Holders of Diploma in Vocational Education / Diploma of Vocational Education (DVE) award upon successful completion of prescribed modules are eligible to apply for Higher Diploma Programmes.
- Applicants may be required to attend an interview. Applicants are not required to show portfolio in the interview.
The programme aims at nurturing creative talents to become proficient in Transmedia storytelling techniques, knowledgeable about the trends of social network and with strong marketing sense.
The investment of creative industries is migrating to digital platforms. In response to this changing media ecology, the programme’s training focus is on the following areas:
- storytelling strategies that cater to the consumption behavior of online audience
- application of interactive game technologies (e.g. VR, AR) in entertainment content
- construction of digital marketing plan to engage target audience
- multiple skills - students are offered diverse workshop training including filmmaking / visual effects / sound design / graphics communication / 2D animation and character design / game design
This programme is designed with an emphasis on generic, language and communication training, whole-person development and workplace experience to better prepare students for further studies and employment after graduation.
Graduates can work as transmedia designer, digital content writer, project coordinator, multi-media producer in the following areas:
art direction, branding and advertising, content marketing, digital marketing, event management, franchise development, film and television, ani-com design and game design, etc.
Graduates can pursue relevant degrees locally or overseas.
They are eligible to apply for admission to top-up degree programmes offered by the following universities in collaboration with the School for Higher and Professional Education (SHAPE)#
- Birmingham City University, UK:
- BA(Hons) Visual Communication (Graphic Communication)
(Registration Number of Non-local Higher and Professional Education: 251236)
- BA (Hons) Visual Communication (Film and Animation)
(Registration Number of Non-local Higher and Professional Education: 251237)
# It is a matter of discretion for individual employers to recognize any qualification to which this course may lead. Please refer to the corresponding programme page in the website of SHAPE for the registered course no.
- BA(Hons) Media
(Registration Number of Non-local Higher and Professional Education: 252720)
Graduates are eligible to apply for admission to top-up degree programme offered by Technological and Higher Education Institute of Hong Kong (THEi):
Graduates can also apply for admission to relevant degree programmes of local universities. Some examples are:
- The Hong Kong Polytechnic University : BA (Hons) Scheme in Design
- City University of Hong Kong :
- BA Creative Media
- BSc Creative Media
- BAS New Media
- Hong Kong Baptist University : Bachelor of Communication – Film Major (Animation and Media Arts Concentration)
Upon admission to relevant degree programmes, graduates can apply for credit exemption. The level of exemption will be considered on individual basis.
Students can apply for student membership of the Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers (SMPTE) and the Hong Kong Digital Entertainment Association.
VTC reserves the right to cancel any programme, revise programme title, content or change the offering institute(s) / campus(es) / class venue(s) if circumstances so warrant.