|Duration of Study|
|Mode of Study|
|Offering Campus(es) / Venue(s)|
|Average Result of Admitted Students in 2018 (Note 1)|
Five HKDSE subjects at Level 2 or above, including English Language and Chinese Language; OR VTC Foundation Diploma (Level 3) / Diploma of Foundation Studies; OR VTC Diploma in Vocational Education / Diploma of Vocational Education; OR Yi Jin Diploma / Diploma Yi Jin; OR Equivalent.
- An "Attained", "Attained with Distinction (I)" and "Attained with Distinction (II)" in an HKDSE Applied Learning (ApL) subject (Category B subjects) are regarded as equivalent to an HKDSE subject at "Level 2", "Level 3" and "Level 4" respectively, and a maximum of two ApL subjects (excluding ApL(C)) can be counted for admission purpose.
- A "Grade D or E" and a "Grade C or above" in an HKDSE Other Language subject (Category C subjects) are regarded as equivalent to an HKDSE subject at "Level 2" and "Level 3" respectively, and one Other Language subject can be counted for admission purpose.
- Applicable to holders of Diploma in Vocational Education / Diploma of Vocational Education (DVE) (students admitted to DVE in AY2017/18 or before are required to complete prescribed further studies modules).
- Applicants may be required to attend an interview. Applicants are not required to show portfolio in the interview.
This programme aims to educate students the music production and related technology for composing, creating, recording and manipulating digital music and sound, and video production, multimedia production and theater production, etc, in order to provide a new breed of music, sound and audio talents / designers and production specialists for cross-sector activities in media and entertainment industry.
This is a unique programme in Hong Kong that integrates education and training in both music production and audio technology for media production. Adopting "student-centered" pedagogy to enable students to acquire knowledge through participation in various practices and learning activities, this programme provides a creative, experimental and technically orientated learning experience to students in building up their professionalism.
This programme is designed with an emphasis on generic, language and communication training, whole-person development and workplace experience to better prepare students for further studies and employment after graduation.
Graduates can be employed in music production as music composer, arranger, sound designer, film & TV music scoring and sound designer, production sound and live sound recording engineer; administrator in stage & arts management, and music related entertainment industry.
Graduates can pursue relevant degrees locally or overseas.
They are eligible to apply for admission to top-up degree programme(s) offered by the following university in collaboration with the School for Higher and Professional Education (SHAPE)#
# It is a matter of discretion for individual employers to recognize any qualification to which this course may lead. Please refer to the corresponding programme page in the website of SHAPE for the registered course no.
- Coventry University, UK: BSc (Hons) Music Technology
(Registration Number of Non-local Higher and Professional Education : 252664)
Graduates are eligible to apply for admission to the following top-up degree programme:
- Oxford Brookes University, UK :
- BA (Hons) Creative Music Production
- BA (Hons) Music
Graduates can also apply for admission to relevant degree programmes of local universities. Some examples are :
- The University of Hong Kong : BA (Hons) Music
- The Chinese University of Hong Kong :
- BA (Hons) Music
- Bachelor of Creative Arts (Digital Media)
- The Hong Kong Polytechnic University : BA (Hons) in Digital Media
- Hong Kong Baptist University : BA (Hons) Music
- City University of Hong Kong :
- BA Creative Media
- BSc Creative Media
- BAS New Media
- The Education University of Hong Kong :
- BA (Hons) in Creative Arts and Culture (Music)
- BMus in Education (Honours) (Contemporary Music and Performance Pedagogy)
- Hong Kong Academy for Performing Arts :
- BMus (Hons) Degree
- BFA (Hons) Degree in Theatre and Entertainment Arts
Upon admission to relevant degree programmes, graduates can apply for credit exemption. The level of exemption will be considered on individual basis.
Students are eligible to become members of Composers and Authors Society of Hong Kong (CASH) or Association of Motion Picture Post Production Professionals after assessments.
Students can also apply for student membership of the Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers (Hong Kong Section).
- Average result in 2018 refers to average score of the best 5 HKDSE subjects, including English Language and Chinese Language, of admitted students in 2018 for reference only.
(Scoring scale: 5**=7 points; 5*=6 points; 5=5 points; 4=4 points; 3=3 points; 2=2 points; 1=1 point)
- VTC reserves the right to cancel any programme, revise programme title, content or change the offering institute(s) / campus(es) / class venue(s) if circumstances so warrant.