|Duration of Study|
|Mode of Study|
|Offering Campus(es) / Venue(s)|
|Average Result of Admitted Students in 2018 (Note 1)|
Five HKDSE subjects at Level 2 or above, including English Language and Chinese Language; OR VTC Foundation Diploma (Level 3) / Diploma of Foundation Studies; OR VTC Diploma in Vocational Education / Diploma of Vocational Education; OR Yi Jin Diploma / Diploma Yi Jin; OR Equivalent.
- An "Attained", "Attained with Distinction (I)" and "Attained with Distinction (II)" in an HKDSE Applied Learning (ApL) subject (Category B subjects) are regarded as equivalent to an HKDSE subject at "Level 2", "Level 3" and "Level 4" respectively, and a maximum of two ApL subjects (excluding ApL(C)) can be counted for admission purpose.
- A "Grade D or E" and a "Grade C or above" in an HKDSE Other Language subject (Category C subjects) are regarded as equivalent to an HKDSE subject at "Level 2" and "Level 3" respectively, and one Other Language subject can be counted for admission purpose.
- Applicable to holders of Diploma in Vocational Education / Diploma of Vocational Education (DVE) (students admitted to DVE in AY2017/18 or before are required to complete prescribed further studies modules).
- Applicants may be required to attend an interview. Applicants are not required to show portfolio in the interview.
Students may choose one of the following streams so as to enhance professional knowledge and skills in specific areas :
- Higher Diploma in Creative Media (Interactive Media)
- Higher Diploma in Creative Media (Mobile App and Web)
semester is a common semester. Students will progress to the streams in the 2nd
semester, subject to their stream choice, academic performance and study place availability in specific streams.
In response to the advancement of digital media and new technology, this programme provides cutting-edge creative applications for students to experience the new technology, equips students with digital literacy and technical competency in working with interactive media, mobile applications and website design technics to reconfigure our relationship with the world towards smart cities and new lifestyle.
This programme also covers generic, language and communication skills training, whole-person development and workplace experience, in order to better prepare students for further studies and employment after graduation.
Graduates may work from entry level to become :
Art director, graphic designer, interactive exhibition designer, interactive media designer, mobile app designer, smart media designer, user experience designer, user interface designer, and web designer, etc.
Graduates can pursue relevant degrees locally or overseas.
This programme is developing articulation to top-up degree programmes offered by universities overseas, of which the potential partnering programmes include :
# It is a matter of discretion for individual employers to recognize any qualification to which this course may lead. Please refer to the corresponding programme page in the website of SHAPE for the registered course no.
- Coventry University, UK: BA (Hons) Media#
(Registration Number of Non-local Higher and Professional Education : 252720)
Graduates can also apply for admission to relevant degree programmes of local universities. Some examples are :
- Hong Kong Polytechnic University :
- BA (Hons) Scheme in Design
- BA (Hons) Digital Media
- BA (Hons) Interactive Media
- City University of Hong Kong :
- BA Creative Media
- BSc Creative Media
- BAS New Media
- Hong Kong Baptist University :
- BA (Hons) in Visual Arts
- BCOMM (Hons) - Film Major (Animation and Media Arts Concentration)
Upon admission to relevant degree programmes, graduates can apply for credit exemption. The level of exemption will be considered on individual basis.
Graduates are eligible to apply for student membership of major professional and design organisations, e.g. Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers (SMPTE), Hong Kong Digital Entertainment Association.
- Average result in 2018 refers to average score of the best 5 HKDSE subjects, including English Language and Chinese Language, of admitted students in 2018 for reference only.
(Scoring scale: 5**=7 points; 5*=6 points; 5=5 points; 4=4 points; 3=3 points; 2=2 points; 1=1 point)
- VTC reserves the right to cancel any programme, revise programme title, content or change the offering institute(s) / campus(es) / class venue(s) if circumstances so warrant.