- S6 Full time
- Higher Diploma
- Higher Diploma in Creative Media
Higher Diploma in Creative Media
The following section presents the programme information offered in September 2018. Information of programmes to be offered in academic year 2019/20 will be announced in late November 2018.
|Duration of Study|
|Mode of Study|
|Offering Campus(es) / Venue(s)|
Five HKDSE subjects at Level 2 or above, including English Language and Chinese Language; OR VTC Foundation Diploma (Level 3) / Diploma of Foundation Studies; OR VTC Diploma in Vocational Education / Diploma of Vocational Education; OR Yi Jin Diploma / Diploma Yi Jin; OR Equivalent.
- An "Attained", "Attained with Distinction (I)" and "Attained with Distinction (II)" in an HKDSE Applied Learning (ApL) subject (Category B subjects) are regarded as equivalent to an HKDSE subject at "Level 2", "Level 3" and "Level 4" respectively, and a maximum of two ApL subjects (excluding ApL(C)) can be counted for admission purpose.
- A "Grade D or E" and a "Grade C or above" in an HKDSE Other Language subject (Category C subjects) are regarded as equivalent to an HKDSE subject at "Level 2" and "Level 3" respectively, and one Other Language subject can be counted for admission purpose.
- Holders of Diploma in Vocational Education / Diploma of Vocational Education (DVE) award upon successful completion of prescribed modules are eligible to apply for Higher Diploma Programmes.
- Applicants may be required to attend an interview. Applicants are not required to show portfolio in the interview.
Students may choose one of the following streams so as to enhance professional knowledge and skills in specific areas :
- Higher Diploma in Creative Media
- Higher Diploma in Creative Media (Animation and Visual Effects)
- Higher Diploma in Creative Media (Interactive Media)
semester is a common semester. Students will progress to the streams in the 2nd
semester, subject to their stream choice, academic performance and study place availability in specific streams.
This programme aims to nurture aesthetic and art sense associated with professional hands-on skills. With a goal to prepare students to become multimedia professionals. The programme will provide training regarding different digital media production knowledge so to enable students to adapt to new skills and technologies in the future.
This programme also covers generic, language and communication skills training, whole-person development and workplace experience, in order to better prepare students for further studies and employment after graduation.
Graduates can work from entry level to become :
Animator, assistant digital art director, exhibition designer, graphic designer, mobile app developer, producer assistant, video editor and web designer, etc.
Graduates can pursue relevant degrees locally or overseas.
They are eligible to apply for admission to top-up degree programme offered by the following university in collaboration with the School for Higher and Professional Education (SHAPE)#
# It is a matter of discretion for individual employers to recognize any qualification to which this course may lead. Please refer to the corresponding programme page in the website of SHAPE for the registered course no.
- Birmingham City University, UK: BA (Hons) Visual Communication (Film and Animation)
(Registration Number of Non-local Higher and Professional Education : 251237)
Graduates can apply for admission to relevant degree programmes of local universities. Some examples are :
- Hong Kong Polytechnic University :
- Design – BA (Hons) Scheme
- BA (Hons) Digital Media
- BA (Hons) Interactive Media
- BA (Hons) Social Design
- City University of Hong Kong :
- BA Creative Media
- BSc Creative Media
- BAS New Media
- Hong Kong Baptist University : BA (Hons) in Visual Arts
Upon admission to relevant degree programmes, graduates can apply for credit exemption. The level of exemption will be considered on individual basis.
Graduates are eligible to apply for memberships of major professional and design organisations, e.g. Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers (Hong Kong Section), Hong Kong Digital Entertainment Association, and Association of Motion Picture Post Production Professionals.
VTC reserves the right to cancel any programme, revise programme title, content or change the offering institute(s) / campus(es) / class venue(s) if circumstances so warrant.