|Duration of Study|
|Mode of Study|
|Offering Campus(es) / Venue(s)|
|Average Result of Admitted Students in 2018 (Note 1)|
Five HKDSE subjects at Level 2 or above, including English Language and Chinese Language; OR VTC Foundation Diploma (Level 3) / Diploma of Foundation Studies; OR Yi Jin Diploma / Diploma Yi Jin; OR Equivalent.
- An "Attained", "Attained with Distinction (I)" and "Attained with Distinction (II)" in an HKDSE Applied Learning (ApL) subject (Category B subjects) are regarded as equivalent to an HKDSE subject at "Level 2", "Level 3" and "Level 4" respectively, and a maximum of two ApL subjects (excluding ApL(C)) can be counted for admission purpose.
- A "Grade D or E" and a "Grade C or above" in an HKDSE Other Language subject (Category C subjects) are regarded as equivalent to an HKDSE subject at "Level 2" and "Level 3" respectively, and one Other Language subject can be counted for admission purpose.
- This programme is NOT applicable to VTC Diploma in Vocational Education / Diploma of Vocational Education graduates.
- Applicants should note the HKSAR Government's requirement of academic qualifications for registration as a qualified kindergarten teacher in Hong Kong.
- Applicants may be required to attend an interview.
With an emphasis on the integration of theory and practice, the programme aims to equip students with the professional knowledge, transferable skills and attitude for the future career in the field of special child care and inclusive education. Fieldwork placement opportunities are provided for the comprehensive learning of students to become professional special child care educators.
This programme is designed with an emphasis on generic and language training, whole-person development and workplace experience to better prepare students for further studies and employment.
Graduates of the programme can work as kindergarten teachers, child care workers, child care supervisors and special child care workers. They can serve children with and without special educational needs and non-Chinese speaking children in kindergartens and child care centres.
Graduates can apply for admission to full-time / part-time bachelor degree programmes at various local and overseas universities, e.g.
# It is a matter of discretion for individual employers to recognize any qualification to which this course may lead. Please refer to the corresponding programme page in the website of SHAPE for the registered course no.
- Bachelor of Education (Hons) Education and Early Years# (Top-up degree), the University of Hull, UK
- Bachelor of Education (Honours) (Early Childhood Education), The Education University of Hong Kong
- Bachelor of Education (Honours) (Early Childhood Education) in Leadership and Non-Chinese Speaking Children, The Education University of Hong Kong
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Special Education, The Education University of Hong Kong
- Bachelor of Arts (Early Childhood Education), The Chinese University of Hong Kong
- Bachelor of Education (Honours) in Early Childhood Education, School of Continuing Education, Hong Kong Baptist University
- Bachelor of Education (Honours) in Early Childhood Education, Tung Wah College
- Bachelor of Education with Honours in Early Childhood Education (Leadership and Special Educational Needs), The Open University of Hong Kong
- Bachelor of Science in Applied Child Development, The University of Hong Kong
- Bachelor of Health Education (Honours), The Education University of Hong Kong
The programme is recognised by the Education Bureau (EDB) and the Social Welfare Department (SWD) of the HKSAR Government. Graduates are eligible for registration as kindergarten teachers with the Education Bureau. They are also eligible for registration as child care workers, child care supervisors and special child care workers with the Social Welfare Department.
- Average result in 2018 refers to average score of the best 5 HKDSE subjects, including English Language and Chinese Language, of admitted students in 2018 for reference only.
(Scoring scale: 5**=7 points; 5*=6 points; 5=5 points; 4=4 points; 3=3 points; 2=2 points; 1=1 point)
- VTC reserves the right to cancel any programme, revise programme title, content or change the offering institute(s) / campus(es) / class venue(s) if circumstances so warrant.