|Duration of Study|
|Mode of Study|
|Offering Campus(es) / Venue(s)|
|Average Result of Admitted Students in 2018 (Note 1)|
Five HKDSE subjects at Level 2 or above, including English Language and Chinese Language; OR VTC Foundation Diploma (Level 3) / Diploma of Foundation Studies; OR Yi Jin Diploma / Diploma Yi Jin; OR Equivalent.
- An "Attained", "Attained with Distinction (I)" and "Attained with Distinction (II)" in an HKDSE Applied Learning (ApL) subject (Category B subjects) are regarded as equivalent to an HKDSE subject at "Level 2", "Level 3" and "Level 4" respectively, and a maximum of two ApL subjects (excluding ApL(C)) can be counted for admission purpose.
- A "Grade D or E" and a "Grade C or above" in an HKDSE Other Language subject (Category C subjects) are regarded as equivalent to an HKDSE subject at "Level 2" and "Level 3" respectively, and one Other Language subject can be counted for admission purpose.
- This programme is NOT applicable to VTC Diploma in Vocational Education / Diploma of Vocational Education graduates.
- Applicants may be required to attend an interview.
The programme enables students to develop an in-depth understanding of essential social work theories, local social welfare systems and related policies as well as practical competences to provide support to individuals, families and communities. From learning to fieldwork placements, such comprehensive learning aims to facilitate students to become professional, competent and accountable social workers who will be able to promote the well-being of Hong Kong citizens and the development of social welfare in Hong Kong.
This programme is designed with an emphasis on generic and language training, whole-person development and workplace experience to better prepare students for further studies and employment after graduation.
Graduates of the programme can serve as social work assistants or related position.
Graduates can apply for admission to full-time / part-time bachelor degree programmes at various local and overseas universities, e.g.
- Bachelor of Arts (Hons) in Social Work, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
- Bachelor of Social Sciences in Social Work, City University of Hong Kong
- Bachelor of Social Work (Hons), Hong Kong Baptist University
- Bachelor of Social Sciences (Hons) in Social Work, Caritas Institute of Higher Education
Graduates of the programme are eligible for registration as Registered Social Workers (RSW) with the Social Workers Registration Board.
- Average result in 2018 refers to average score of the best 5 HKDSE subjects, including English Language and Chinese Language, of admitted students in 2018 for reference only.
(Scoring scale: 5**=7 points; 5*=6 points; 5=5 points; 4=4 points; 3=3 points; 2=2 points; 1=1 point)
- Students may be required to attend classes on other VTC campuses. VTC reserves the right to cancel any programme, revise programme content or change the offering institute(s) / campus(es) / class venue(s) if circumstances so warrant.