|Duration of Study|
|Mode of Study|
|Offering Campus(es) / Venue(s)|
|Average Result of Admitted Students in 2017 (Note 1)|
Five HKDSE subjects at Level 2 or above, including English Language and Chinese Language; OR VTC Foundation Diploma (Level 3) / Diploma of Foundation Studies; OR VTC Diploma in Vocational Education / Diploma of Vocational Education; OR Yi Jin Diploma / Diploma Yi Jin; OR Equivalent.
- An "Attained", "Attained with Distinction (I)" and "Attained with Distinction (II)" in an HKDSE Applied Learning (ApL) subject (Category B subjects) are regarded as equivalent to an HKDSE subject at "Level 2", "Level 3" and "Level 4" respectively, and a maximum of two ApL subjects (excluding ApL(C)) can be counted for admission purpose.
- A "Grade D or E" and a "Grade C or above" in an HKDSE Other Language subject (Category C subjects) are regarded as equivalent to an HKDSE subject at "Level 2" and "Level 3" respectively, and one Other Language subject can be counted for admission purpose.
- Holders of Diploma in Vocational Education / Diploma of Vocational Education (DVE) award upon successful completion of prescribed modules are eligible to apply for Higher Diploma Programmes.
- Applicants may be required to attend an interview.
This programme accredited by international professional bodies aims to provide students with academic, technical and management skills that will enable them to pursue a professional career in global purchasing and supply management and to understand “ethics” is the core value of purchasing field. The graduates are also expected to be able to take different challenges, develop their competence in “learning how to learn” and bring professional / ethical purchasing practices to industries in global marketplace.
This programme is designed with an emphasis on generic and language training, whole-person development and workplace experience to better prepare students for further studies and employment after graduation.
Graduates can pursue their careers in a professional range of purchasing and supply, logistics, merchandising, supply chain and other related work, both in private and public sectors. To broaden horizons as well as enhance interpersonal skill, self-confidence can be much strengthened to deal with different challenges in a global business environment.
Graduates can pursue relevant degrees locally or overseas. They can also apply for admission to the top-up degree programmes in Hong Kong offered by the following universities in collaboration with the SHAPE :
- University of Northumbria at Newcastle, UK : BA (Hons) International Business Management
- Sheffield Hallam University, UK : BA (Hons) Business Management
Graduates are eligible for obtaining professional recognitions from the following institutes :
- The Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS), UK (World-class purchasing and supply professional body) :
- Full exemption from CIPS Level 2 (Certificate) professional examination (total 5 modules);
- Full exemption from CIPS Level 3 (Advanced Certificate) professional examination (total 5 modules);
- Full exemption from CIPS Level 4 (Diploma) professional examination (total 5 modules);
- Graduates are eligible to apply for CIPS (Diploma Member)
- The International Federation of Purchasing and Supply Management (IFPSM) (Global union of national and regional purchasing and supply management associations) - This programme is approved by IFPSM to meet the requirement of “Global Standard in Purchasing and Supply”. Graduates of this programme are eligible to apply for “Certificate of IFPSM Global Standard in Purchasing and Supply”.
- The Institute of Purchasing & Supply of Hong Kong (IPSHK) - Graduates of this programme are eligible for admission of “Associate Membership” of IPSHK.
- Institute for Supply Management Hong Kong (ISM-HK) - Graduates of this programme are eligible for admission of “Associate Membership” of ISM-HK
- Average result in 2017 refers to average score of the best 5 HKDSE subjects, including English Language and Chinese Language, of admitted students in 2017 for reference only.
(Scoring scale: 5**=7 points; 5*=6 points; 5=5 points; 4=4 points; 3=3 points; 2=2 points; 1=1 point)
- VTC reserves the right to cancel any programme, revise programme title, content or change the offering institute(s) / campus(es) / class venue(s) if circumstances so warrant.