|Duration of Study|
|Mode of Study|
|Offering Campus(es) / Venue(s)|
|Average Result of Admitted Students in 2017 (Note 1)|
Five HKDSE subjects at Level 2 or above, including English Language and Chinese Language; OR VTC Foundation Diploma (Level 3) / Diploma of Foundation Studies; OR VTC Diploma in Vocational Education / Diploma of Vocational Education; OR Yi Jin Diploma / Diploma Yi Jin; OR Equivalent.
- An "Attained", "Attained with Distinction (I)" and "Attained with Distinction (II)" in an HKDSE Applied Learning (ApL) subject (Category B subjects) are regarded as equivalent to an HKDSE subject at "Level 2", "Level 3" and "Level 4" respectively, and a maximum of two ApL subjects (excluding ApL(C)) can be counted for admission purpose.
- A "Grade D or E" and a "Grade C or above" in an HKDSE Other Language subject (Category C subjects) are regarded as equivalent to an HKDSE subject at "Level 2" and "Level 3" respectively, and one Other Language subject can be counted for admission purpose.
- Holders of Diploma in Vocational Education / Diploma of Vocational Education (DVE) award upon successful completion of prescribed modules are eligible to apply for Higher Diploma Programmes.
- Applicants may be required to attend an interview.
This programme aims to enable students to develop the knowledge, skills and attitudes required to perform human resource management responsibilities in the workplace at the para-professional level.
This programme is designed with an emphasis on generic and language training, whole-person development and workplace experience to better prepare students for further studies and employment after graduation.
There is a broad range of career opportunities for our graduates. They can specifically enter the HR stream as Human Resource Officer, Training Officer, Recruitment Officer or Compensation & Benefits Analyst. At a broader perspective, graduates can serve the positions as Administrative Executive or Management Trainee in general business sectors.
Graduates can pursue relevant degrees locally or overseas. They can also apply for admission to the top-up degree programmes in Hong Kong offered by the following universities in collaboration with the School for Higher and Professional Education (SHAPE) :
- Sheffield Hallam University, UK: BA (Hons) Business and Human Resource Management
- Sheffield Hallam University, UK : BA (Hons) Business Management
- University of Northumbria at Newcastle, UK: BA (Hons) International Business Management
- University of Northumbria at Newcastle, UK : BA (Hons) Business (with Law)
- The Open University of Hong Kong : BBA(Hons) in Professional Accounting
Students can join the following professional bodies as Student Members:
- Hong Kong Institute of Human Resource Management
- Institute of Training Professionals
- Hong Kong Management Association
- Hong Kong People Management Association
- Human Capital Management Society
Graduates from this programme are eligible to become the Associate Member of the Hong Kong Institute of Human Resource Management upon applying for their membership.
- Average result in 2017 refers to average score of the best 5 HKDSE subjects, including English Language and Chinese Language, of admitted students in 2017 for reference only.
(Scoring scale: 5**=7 points; 5*=6 points; 5=5 points; 4=4 points; 3=3 points; 2=2 points; 1=1 point)
- VTC reserves the right to cancel any programme, revise programme title, content or change the offering institute(s) / campus(es) / class venue(s) if circumstances so warrant.