|Duration of Study|
|Mode of Study|
|Offering Campus(es) / Venue(s)|
Five HKDSE subjects at Level 2 or above, including English Language and Chinese Language; OR VTC Foundation Diploma (Level 3) / Diploma of Foundation Studies; OR VTC Diploma in Vocational Education / Diploma of Vocational Education; OR Yi Jin Diploma / Diploma Yi Jin; OR Equivalent.
- An "Attained", "Attained with Distinction (I)" and "Attained with Distinction (II)" in an HKDSE Applied Learning (ApL) subject (Category B subjects) are regarded as equivalent to an HKDSE subject at "Level 2", "Level 3" and "Level 4" respectively, and a maximum of two ApL subjects (excluding ApL(C)) can be counted for admission purpose.
- A "Grade D or E" and a "Grade C or above" in an HKDSE Other Language subject (Category C subjects) are regarded as equivalent to an HKDSE subject at "Level 2" and "Level 3" respectively, and one Other Language subject can be counted for admission purpose.
- Applicable to holders of Diploma in Vocational Education / Diploma of Vocational Education (DVE) (students admitted to DVE in AY2017/18 or before are required to complete prescribed further studies modules).
- Applicants may be required to attend an interview.
This programme aims to equip students with legal and adminsitrative skills to serve as paralegals in law firms and business organizations. Students may have industrial attachment opportuities in law firms.
Graduates are entitled to use the title "Legal Executive" if prescribed requirements are met.
Graduates are competent to take up law and administrative posts. They may work as legal executive, legal secretary, assistant to solicitor, litigation clerk and conveyancing clerk in law firms. They can also work in law-related government departments and commercial corporations or their legal department as legal officer, company secretary officer or administrative officer. They may also apply various related posts in the disciplinary forces of the government.
- Graduates can pursue relevant degrees locally or overseas. They can also apply for admission to the top-up degree programmes in Hong Kong offered by the following universities in collaboration with the School for Higher and Professional Education (SHAPE) :
# It is a matter of discretion for individual employers to recognize any qualification to which this course may lead. Please refer to the corresponding programme page in the website of SHAPE for the registered course no.
- University of Northumbria at Newcastle, UK : BA (Hons) Business (with Law)#
- Graduate may also apply for Bachelor of Laws (LLB) by external study offered by London University in Hong Kong.
The programme has been recognized by:
- The Law Society of Hong Kong: Graduates of the programme who have satisfied the following requirements are entitled to use the title “Legal Executive”
- who have obtained a Level 2 in 5 subjects in HKDSE or who have been in law-related employment for 3 years; and
- who have obtained a minimum level 3 in English language in HKDSE or an overall score of 6.0 in IELTS (International English Language Testing System).
- The Judiciary: Graduates who are “Legal Executives” with legal work experience for 3 years enjoy limited rights of audience in both the District court and the High Court.
VTC reserves the right to cancel any programme, revise programme title, content or change the offering institute(s) / campus(es) / class venue(s) if circumstances so warrant.