|Duration of Study|
|Mode of Study|
|Offering Campus(es) / Venue(s)|
|Average Result of Admitted Students in 2017 (Note 1)|
Five HKDSE subjects at Level 2 or above, including English Language and Chinese Language; OR VTC Foundation Diploma (Level 3) / Diploma of Foundation Studies; OR VTC Diploma in Vocational Education / Diploma of Vocational Education; OR Yi Jin Diploma / Diploma Yi Jin; OR Equivalent.
- An "Attained", "Attained with Distinction (I)" and "Attained with Distinction (II)" in an HKDSE Applied Learning (ApL) subject (Category B subjects) are regarded as equivalent to an HKDSE subject at "Level 2", "Level 3" and "Level 4" respectively, and a maximum of two ApL subjects (excluding ApL(C)) can be counted for admission purpose.
- A "Grade D or E" and a "Grade C or above" in an HKDSE Other Language subject (Category C subjects) are regarded as equivalent to an HKDSE subject at "Level 2" and "Level 3" respectively, and one Other Language subject can be counted for admission purpose.
- Holders of Diploma in Vocational Education / Diploma of Vocational Education (DVE) award upon successful completion of prescribed modules are eligible to apply for Higher Diploma Programmes.
- Applicants may be required to attend an interview.
This programme aims to provide students with the basic academic, technical and management skills that will enable them to pursue careers in accountancy and related fields.
This programme is designed with an emphasis on generic and language training, whole-person development and workplace experience to better prepare students for further studies and employment after graduation.
Graduates may take up entry to middle level positions in a wide range of financial accounting, auditing, taxation, management accounting and other related work, both in private and public sectors.
Graduates can pursue relevant degrees locally or overseas. They can also apply for admission to the top-up degree programmes in Hong Kong offered by Technological and Higher Education Institute of Hong Kong (THEi) (Year 3 entry to BA (Hons) in Professional Accounting) and the following universities in collaboration with the School for Higher and Professional Education (SHAPE) :
- The Open University of Hong Kong : Bachelor of Business Administration (Hons) in Professional Accounting
- Coventry University, UK : BA (Hons) Accountancy
- Sheffield Hallam University, UK : BA(Hons) Business and Finance
- University of Northumbria at Newcastle, UK : BA (Hons) Finance and Investment Management
- University of Northumbria at Newcastle, UK : BA (Hons) International Business Management
Graduates are eligible for obtaining exemption from the following professional examinations :
- Full exemption from the accredited accounting technician examination (including Professional Assessment) of the Hong Kong Institute of Accredited Accounting Technicians (HKIAAT); and
- Partial exemption (6 papers out of 14) from the qualifying examinations of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA).
- Average result in 2017 refers to average score of the best 5 HKDSE subjects, including English Language and Chinese Language, of admitted students in 2017 for reference only.
(Scoring scale: 5**=7 points; 5*=6 points; 5=5 points; 4=4 points; 3=3 points; 2=2 points; 1=1 point)
- VTC reserves the right to cancel any programme, revise programme title, content or change the offering institute(s) / campus(es) / class venue(s) if circumstances so warrant.