|Duration of Study|
|Mode of Study|
|Offering Campus(es) / Venue(s)|
|Average Result of Admitted Students in 2017 (Note 1)|
Five HKDSE subjects at Level 2 or above, including English Language and Chinese Language; OR VTC Foundation Diploma (Level 3) / Diploma of Foundation Studies; OR VTC Diploma in Vocational Education / Diploma of Vocational Education; OR Yi Jin Diploma / Diploma Yi Jin; OR Equivalent.
- An "Attained", "Attained with Distinction (I)" and "Attained with Distinction (II)" in an HKDSE Applied Learning (ApL) subject (Category B subjects) are regarded as equivalent to an HKDSE subject at "Level 2", "Level 3" and "Level 4" respectively, and a maximum of two ApL subjects (excluding ApL(C)) can be counted for admission purpose.
- A "Grade D or E" and a "Grade C or above" in an HKDSE Other Language subject (Category C subjects) are regarded as equivalent to an HKDSE subject at "Level 2" and "Level 3" respectively, and one Other Language subject can be counted for admission purpose.
- Holders of Diploma in Vocational Education / Diploma of Vocational Education (DVE) award upon successful completion of prescribed modules are eligible to apply for Higher Diploma Programmes.
This programme aims to equip students with professional knowledge, technical competence and supervisory skills in community health care relating to the community health, physiological, psychological and social aspects of elders to meet the growing market and manpower demand for elderly care and services in Hong Kong. This programme also provides specialised training in community health education and promotion to the public.
This programme is designed with an emphasis on generic and language training, whole-person development and workplace experience to better prepare students for further studies and employment after graduation.
Graduates can pursue a career in community health care services and different health care sectors. They may seek employment in wide range of health care settings and organisations such as hospital, residential care homes, community centres, day care centres, non-governmental organisations providing community health services.
Graduates can apply for admission to the following programmes :
- Bachelor of Nutrition Science offered by Queensland University of Technology, Australia;
- Bachelor of Nutrition & Dietetics offered by Queensland University of Technology, Australia;
- Bachelor of Nursing offered by Queensland University of Technology, Australia ;
- Bachelor of Science (Hons) Public Health Studies offered by Coventry University, UK; and
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology offered by Upper Iowa University, USA (Hong Kong campus).
- Average result in 2017 refers to average score of the best 5 HKDSE subjects, including English Language and Chinese Language, of admitted students in 2017 for reference only.
(Scoring scale: 5**=7 points; 5*=6 points; 5=5 points; 4=4 points; 3=3 points; 2=2 points; 1=1 point)
- VTC reserves the right to cancel any programme, revise programme title, content or change the offering institute(s) / campus(es) / class venue(s) if circumstances so warrant.