|Duration of Study|
|Mode of Study|
|Offering Campus(es) / Venue(s)|
|Average Result of Admitted Students in 2017 (Note 1)|
Five HKDSE subjects at Level 2 or above, including English Language and Chinese Language; OR VTC Foundation Diploma (Level 3) / Diploma of Foundation Studies; OR VTC Diploma in Vocational Education / Diploma of Vocational Education; OR Yi Jin Diploma / Diploma Yi Jin; OR Equivalent.
- An "Attained", "Attained with Distinction (I)" and "Attained with Distinction (II)" in an HKDSE Applied Learning (ApL) subject (Category B subjects) are regarded as equivalent to an HKDSE subject at "Level 2", "Level 3" and "Level 4" respectively, and a maximum of two ApL subjects (excluding ApL(C)) can be counted for admission purpose.
- A "Grade D or E" and a "Grade C or above" in an HKDSE Other Language subject (Category C subjects) are regarded as equivalent to an HKDSE subject at "Level 2" and "Level 3" respectively, and one Other Language subject can be counted for admission purpose.
- Holders of Diploma in Vocational Education / Diploma of Vocational Education (DVE) award upon successful completion of prescribed modules are eligible to apply for Higher Diploma Programmes.
This programme aims to provide students with comprehensive coverage of trade specific knowledge and practical skills in the area of occupational safety, risk management and safety sciences. It helps students to develop professional competence and supervisory skills for risk management system development, occupational safety & health monitoring, accident investigation, risk assessment, toxicology, safety audit and so on. The programme is suitable for all secondary graduates who are planning to pursue a career and futher study in safety sciences.
This programme is designed with an emphasis on generic and language training, whole-person development and workplace experience to better prepare students for further studies and employment after graduation.
Graduates can be employed as assistant safety consultant, assistant safety officer and inspector in government departments (Labour Department, Housing Authority etc), public utilities, facilities management companies, professional safety consultants firms, construction project management companies etc.
Graduates can apply for admission to the following programmes :
- Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Environmental Science offered by the Plymouth University in U.K.; and
- Bachelor of Science (Hons) Public Health Studies offered by Coventry University in UK.
- This programme is recognized by the Labour Department HKSAR as a Scheduled Qualification for registration as Safety Officer under the Factories and Industrial Undertakings (Safety Officers and Safety Supervisors) Regulations. Graduates possess relevant work experience are eligible to apply for Registered Safety Officer (RSO); and
- Graduates are eligible to apply for the Graduate Membership of Institute of Occupational Safety and Health of UK (IOSH).
- Average result in 2017 refers to average score of the best 5 HKDSE subjects, including English Language and Chinese Language, of admitted students in 2017 for reference only.
(Scoring scale: 5**=7 points; 5*=6 points; 5=5 points; 4=4 points; 3=3 points; 2=2 points; 1=1 point)
- VTC reserves the right to cancel any programme, revise programme title, content or change the offering institute(s) / campus(es) / class venue(s) if circumstances so warrant.