|Duration of Study|
|Mode of Study|
|Offering Campus(es) / Venue(s)|
|Average Result of Admitted Students in 2018 (Note 1)|
Five HKDSE subjects at Level 2 or above, including English Language and Chinese Language; OR VTC Foundation Diploma (Level 3) / Diploma of Foundation Studies; OR VTC Diploma in Vocational Education / Diploma of Vocational Education; OR Yi Jin Diploma / Diploma Yi Jin; OR Equivalent.
- An "Attained", "Attained with Distinction (I)" and "Attained with Distinction (II)" in an HKDSE Applied Learning (ApL) subject (Category B subjects) are regarded as equivalent to an HKDSE subject at "Level 2", "Level 3" and "Level 4" respectively, and a maximum of two ApL subjects (excluding ApL(C)) can be counted for admission purpose.
- A "Grade D or E" and a "Grade C or above" in an HKDSE Other Language subject (Category C subjects) are regarded as equivalent to an HKDSE subject at "Level 2" and "Level 3" respectively, and one Other Language subject can be counted for admission purpose.
- Applicable to holders of Diploma in Vocational Education / Diploma of Vocational Education (DVE) (students admitted to DVE in AY2017/18 or before are required to complete prescribed further studies modules).
This programme aims to provide professional chemical knowledge and practical analytical skills in the key areas of chemical technology including production quality control and product quality analysis. This programme is suitable for all secondary graduates who are planning for a career in an industry related to chemical technology.
This programme is designed with an emphasis on generic and language training, whole-person development and workplace experience to better prepare students for further studies and employment after graduation.
Graduates may be employed as qualified technicians in government departments, quality control technologists in Good Manufacturing Practice factories, laboratory analysts as well as chemical and equipment sales and marketing executives in chemical technology enterprises.
Graduates can apply for admission to the following programmes :
- Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Testing and Certification offered by Technological and Higher Education Institute of Hong Kong (THEi);
- Bachelor of Science (Hons) Environmental Science offered by Plymouth University, United Kingdom; and
- Bachelor of Science (Hons) Chemistry offered by the Plymouth University, United Kingdom.
This programme is recognised by the following professional bodies in Hong Kong and overseas:
- Graduates with 2 years of relevant testing experience can obtain direct entry to Certified Testing Technician (CTT) under the Chemical Testing category recognised by Hong Kong Association for Testing, Inspection and Certification.
- Royal Society of Chemistry: Graduates possessing 1 year related working experience can apply for Registered Scientist (RSci) as an Affiliate Member and can be upgraded to Associate Member (AMRSC).
- Average result in 2018 refers to average score of the best 5 HKDSE subjects, including English Language and Chinese Language, of admitted students in 2018 for reference only.
(Scoring scale: 5**=7 points; 5*=6 points; 5=5 points; 4=4 points; 3=3 points; 2=2 points; 1=1 point)
- VTC reserves the right to cancel any programme, revise programme title, content or change the offering institute(s) / campus(es) / class venue(s) if circumstances so warrant.